Molten Lava Cake
(makes 5 cakes)
110g dark chocolate
100g icing sugar
2 egg yolks
125g cake flour
Note: Place a bowl over a bowl of hot water for the whole time when you make this dessert. Make sure the bowl on top doesn't touch the water.
- Melt the chocolate. Scrape the sides so the chocolate doesn't set.
- Stir in the butter until combined.
- Sift over the icing sugar. Stir in the icing sugar until combined. The mixture should now be more thick.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture until it just combines. Beat the yolks into the mixture until it just combines. You will have a bubbly mixture when you stop the beaters. There is no need to beat for a long time.
- Add the flour and mix with a spatula. When it is nearly mixed, use the beaters and beat until it just combines. Again, you don't need to beat for too long.
- Grease the tins lightly with some oil. Pour the batter into the tins until they are 90% full.
- Wipe the sides of the tins.
- Bake at 200C for 10 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before turning them out onto a plate to serve. Run a knife around the edges of the lava cakes. Place a plate on top and turn both of them upside down.
These are very yummy. I like to eat them with some vanilla ice cream.