Ingredients - cookie tart:
1 egg yolk
70g icing sugar
Ingredients - coconut filling:
120g coconut shreds
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients for the cookie tart. Using hands, mix all the ingredients together to form the cookie dough. Chill for 20 minutes or until it is in a workable state. The dough should not be sticky when you use it.
- Make the coocnut filling by mixing the coconut shreds, sugar, flour, baking powder together. Make a well, add in the eggs, milk and water. Combine well.
- The dough should now be ready for you to press into the tart tins. Remember, it should be soft and not sticky. Divide the dough evenly into 12 portions. Press the cookie dough into the tart tins.
- Pour the coconut filling into the tarts. It should be 80% full for each tart. Drop each tart a few times.
- Bake at 200C for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Cool down for a bit then remove the tart tins.