I got a new cake pan so I am super excited to use it. I love walnuts, chocolate and bananas. So, I love this recipe very much! Let's have a look at the recipe!
Chocolate Banana Walnut Cake
(8" tube pan)
Ingredients - cake:
110g butter (softened)
80g brown sugar
140g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
30g plain yoghurt
3 small bananas / 200g banana without skin
Ingredients - icing:
100g icing sugar
1 Tbsp milk
- Cream the butter until it has a pale yellow colour.
- Cream the butter with the brown sugar until double in volume.
- Lightly whisk the eggs. Add the eggs in 8 - 10 portions to avoid curdling. It should have a creamy texture.
- Add the yoghurt and flour alternatively.
- Mash the bananas and add it into the batter.
- Add the walnuts and chocolate.
- Bake at 170C for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to let cool.
- Prepare the icing by mixing the icing sugar with the milk. Decorate the cake.
This cake is very yummy served with some yoghurt or whipped cream. Mmmmm...