I love peanut butter very much! I have peanut butter on bread for breakfast very often. That gave me an idea to make cookies made with peanut butter. I wanted the peanut butter to be a suprise, so I wanted the peanut butter to disguise in the form of a chocolate cookie. I wrapped up the cookies and gave them to my friends for Christmas. A lot of my friends were suprised when they took a bite into it.
Peanut Butter Suprises
(makes 36 cookies)
Ingredients - chocolate cookie dough:
110g butter (softened)
1/2 white sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
Ingredients - peanut butter filling:
3/4 cup icing sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
- Beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugar together.
- Add the milk, egg and vanilla. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Add half of the flour into the mixture then stir in the remaining amount of flour into the mixture. This is because the mixture gets quite heavy. The dough should be soft now and it is now ready to be shaped.
- To make the peanut butter filling, mix the peanut butter and icing sugar together by hand. The filling should also be soft and it is also ready to be shaped.
- Shape the chocolate cookie dough into 1 1/4" balls.
- Shape the peanut butter filling into 3/4" balls.
- To assemble, flatten a chocolate cookie dough ball, place a peanut butter ball inside. Wrap the chocolate cookie dough around the filling. Roll the ball around.
- Press the cookies with a fork. The cookies now have a diameter of 2 inches.
- Bake at 180C for 8 - 10 minutes. When the cookies have cracks on the surface then they are ready to come out of the oven. Transfer onto a wire rack to let cool.
Mmmmmm... peanut butter cookies!