Just take a look at these! Just by looking at this photo, I want to eat them all. These almond crisps aren't too sweet and they are very crispy! The most important thing is, they are very simple to make.
(makes 14 - 16 crisps)
2 egg whites
A pinch of salt
100g almond slices
- Beat the egg whites, sugar and salt until frothy.
- Sift over the flour and mix until smooth.
- Add the melted butter into the mixture.
- Add the almond slices, mix gently so you don't break the almond slices.
- On the baking tray lined with baking paper, spread the mixture evenly and as thin as possible. I used 1 tablespoon of mixture per almond crisp and each of the crisps has a diameter of 7cm.
- Bake at 150C for 12 minutes then 130C for 6 minutes. When the crisps come out of the oven, they are soft. Transfer onto a wire rack to let cool. The crisps will become crispy when they cool down.
And the last step is...ENJOY!