After making bread successfully for the first time, I actually broke my hand mixer. BUT, that gave me an excuse to buy a stand mixer. YAY FOR ME! My family and I eat white bread quite often and it is healthier to make bread at home.
270g bread flour
90g flour paste (tangzhong)
30g butter (softened)
Preparation: Don't forget to make the tangzhong beforehand and cool down to room temperature. Click here for the tangzhong recipe.
- Put all of the bread ingredients, except butter into the mixing bowl. Make sure that the yeast doesn't directly touch the salt.
- When everything is nearly incorporated, add the butter.
- Knead the dough until it becomes elastic and smooth. The dough is ready when you can stretch the dough to a thin membrane.
- Grease a bowl with some oil, put the bread dough inside. Cover with some cling wrap and proof the dough until double in size. I like to place the bread dough into the microwave with a cup of hot water. To check that the dough is ready of not, insert your floured finger into the middle of the bread dough, if the hole stays there then it is ready.
- Push the air out of the bread dough. Divide into three equal portions and shape into three round balls. Cover the bread dough with cling wrap and allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Shape the three bread doughs with the seal on top, roll the bread dough. Place in the loaf tin with the seal facing down. Proof again until double in size or until it reaches 80% of the height of the loaf tin.
- Brush some milk or egg. Bake in a pre - heated oven at 170C for 30 minutes. Transfer onto a wire rack to let cool.
Enjoy the delicious and soft bread.