The most important thing about a brownie is texture. Cakey brownies? Chewy Brownies? Or fudgy brownies? I love fudgy brownies, they are moist and they have an intensely chocolatey flavour. I made these brownies as a treat after making a story for my children in my kindergarten.
The Ultimate Fudgy Brownies
(baked in a 8" pan, makes 12 squares)
100g butter (softened)
2 tsp instant espresso
2 Tbsp hot water
50g cocoa powder
45g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Melt the chocolate over some hot water. Mix the instant espresso and the water together.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the coffee mixture.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the melted chocolate.
- Sift over the cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into the mixture. Mix until everything is just combined. Now, it should have a mousse - like texture.
- Pour into a lined 8" Bake in a pre - heated oven at 150C for 35 - 40 minutes. The brownie is done when the toothpick shows wet crumbs not wet batter. Cool in the pan for a while then transfer the brownie (with the baking paper) onto a wire rack to let cool. Cut the brownie when it has completely cooled down.
This brownie is soooooo yummy! I like to warm up my brownies and eat it with vanilla ice cream. YUM YUM YUM!