Cinnamon and Raisin Rolls
(makes 9 in a 8" pan)
Ingredients - bread:
210g bread flour
60g cake flour
1/2 tsp salt
85g flour paste (tangzhong)
20g butter (softened)
Ingredients - filling:
30g butter (softened)
30g brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
Ingredients - glaze:
70g icing sugar
1 Tbsp water
- Mix the bread flour, cake flour, sugar, salt, yeast, egg, water and flour paste (tangzhong) together.
- When the dough is nearly mixed, add butter. Knead until it becomes elastic and smooth. The dough is ready when you can stretch the dough to like a thin membrane (transparent).
- Proof the dough until double in volume (you can place it in a microwave with a glass of hot water).
- Roll the bread dough to 30cm x 30cm.
- Prepare the filling. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together.
- Spread the butter, cinnamon mixture and raisins evenly.
- Roll the dough (towards you). Cut the ends and divide into 9 equal rolls. Do this by dividing into 3 and divide each into 3 again. Place the rolls into a greased 8" pan and proof until double in size.
- Brush some milk onto the rolls. Bake in a pre - heated oven at 160C for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer onto a wire rack to let cool completely.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing the water and icing sugar together. You might need a bit more water to get the right consistency. Glaze the rolls.
Enjoy the yummy cinnamon rolls. They are yummy with ice cream on top! ha ha..