I love biscotti very much! Biscotti is an Italian biscuit that needs to be baked twice. I love to eat them with a nice cup of coffee. Do you like biscotti?
Triple Nut Biscotti
(pastchios, macadamias and almonds)
A pinch of salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
Preparation: roast the almonds, macadamias and pastachios.
- Mix the eggs, sugar and salt.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder.
- Add the roasted nuts.
- Divide the dough in half. Shape each portion into two logs. Each log is 3 inches wide. The dough is quite sticky, I like to wet my hands when I shape the dough.
- Bake at 170C for 25 minutes. After baking, the two logs are quite firm to touch. Cool the logs for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing them.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into slices of 2cm in thickness. You will realise that they are very soft inside.
- Bake again at 150C for 20 minutes.