I love banana cakes very much! My banana cake is like the ones that you eat in a cafe because this cake is moist, big and tall. All my friends and family loved it very much! You have got to try out this recipe!
Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
(makes a tall 8 inch cake)
Ingredients: Banana Cake
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
4 large ripe bananas
80g natural plain yoghurt
Ingredients: Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
120g cream cheese (softened)
70g butter (softened)
half a lemon
Method: Banana Cake
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Sift the mixture.
- Add the sugar and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and the oil.
- Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Mix together the egg mixture, mashed bananas and yoghurt.
- Make a well and mix together the wet ingredients and the flour.
- Bake in a pre - heated oven at 160C for 1 hour 10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Method: Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Grate the lemon and squeeze out the lemon juice.
- Mix together the cream cheese, butter, lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth.
Make sure the banana cake has completely cooled down before you spread the frosting on the top.
It is so delicious that I have been having a slice of it for tea for the last few days!! :D