It's nearly the end of the school year for me so there is quite a lot of things going on at work. I never really felt excited about new years for each year because I have always felt that my year ends in June when I finally say goodbye to my students at school. Anyway, these are super easy to make and it doesn't need any fancy equipment or ingredients.
(makes 16 - 18 crisps)
2 egg whites
50g icing sugar (or caster sugar)
40g cake flour
A pinch of salt
100g sesame seeds
- Sift the icing sugar. Beat the egg whites, icing sugar and salt together until frothy.
- Sift in the cake flour and mix until smooth.
- Melt the butter and stir it in.
- Stir in the sesame seeds.
- For each crisp, scoop a tablespoon of mixture and spread it evenly onto baking tray lined with baking paper with a diameter of 7cm.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150C for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown around the edges of the crisps. After baking, the crisps will be soft but they will be crispy after cooling down. I like to turn off the oven and place all the crisps onto a wire rack in the oven to cool completely. The heat from the oven will make sure the crisps will be crispy because they can sometimes go soft quite quickly.